Tuesday 21 June 2011

The dog gets a new home ...

I nearly didn't buy anything from the charity shops last Saturday until a last look in the Limerick Animal Welfare furniture shop turned up (rather appropriately) this homeless dog ....


For €1 I couldn't help myself so I brought him/her home, renovated the frame and plan to give him/her a new home on the landing.  I wonder who he or she was - obviously someone's pride and joy once.  

I love the photograph, the little red eyes and the feeling that he or she was probably a bit of a yappy dog who might jump up and bite you from that position.  Add the linoleum floor, kitchen chair, pink jacket, table cloth and strange perspective and I'm thinking Nan Goldin except of course there are no tits or fags in the shot.  Oh meow!

Now when I say I nearly didn't buy anything I mean of course that I didn't buy any major clothing articles.  BUT I did get a great book on jewellery making and a  really soft, colourful scarf which given the Limerick June weather and the fact that I'm a 'perished aul creatur' * at the best of times I've been wearing since I bought it.

*  always cold



No comments:

Post a Comment