Friday 29 July 2011

I was there Michael, where were you???

Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance, lives in Fermoy.



Fermoy is a rather picturesque town 50 minutes drive away for me.

So given the choice between the delights of charity shopping and a portly fellow in granny shoes and leather trousers, you know what I was looking for.

And I found it. 

St. Vincent de Pauls ... back street off the main street to the right of the river.  A 'Russell Stuart model, London W1' modelled by Breda who usually wanders around the garden naked.

Breda before


Breda after




I know it's not ironed* but it's fabulous nonetheless.  The print on the fabric is wonderful and seems to make the dress shimmer almost.



I wouldn't wear the dress and jacket together, in fact as it's a size 42 I have some sewing to do before I wear it at all.

The dress also has a belt with bows which fastens at the back.



And the price for such vintage fabulosity?  €6.  I could have spent more because SVdP was an impressive shop but I wanted to save money to buy Michael tea in case I bumped into him.

Whilst waiting I took some photos of Fermoy and went for a walk along the Blackwater River.











These last two charming rural scenes are a mere 10 minutes walk from Fermoy town centre.

Michael didn't show - maybe he knew he couldn't compete with St. Vincent de Pauls.


*  (I've decided I'm not going to iron anything for this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment